Seabuds Resources

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone about the upcoming Whidbey Island Picnic and Layover (for some).
 
This year on Wed, Sept 9th, the spaghetti feed will once again be at Heike Cannon's house. This event usually gets going about 3-4PM, just bring your favorite beverage.  Her address is 1873 Brainers Rd, Freeland 98249. I won't include directions since you all have the capability of going to google maps. Her ph # is 360-730-1688. This yr, Sept 9th is also Medicare Day for Caryl Jones if you have anything you'd like to share with her.
 
We also are being given the opportunity to tour Georgia Gerber's home and garden. Georgia is a very well known Bronze sculptor, a couple of her works include the bronze pig at the Pike Place Mkt and in Langley the sculptor of the boy with his dog.  She has a web site www.georgiagerber.com . This has been set up for 12 - 1PM on Wed, the 9th. I haven't been there but have heard it is a fabulous display of her work which is throughout her garden and home. We thought we'd meet at Ken's Korner in the parking lot, which is located on the main highway. There is a red light there and the cross road is Cultass & Langley Rd.
 
The picnic is once again being held at Villa Luna which is where we have been for the past 2 yrs. This is a pot luck, which starts around 11 AM on Thurs, Sept 10th. I haven't heard for sure but I think there will be shopping available, great food, and even greater comraderie in a fabulous setting.  I look forward to seeing everyone again this yr and hope to get some new folks to attend. This event will have a $10 cover charge.
The villa is located off Double Bluff Rd.
 
I do know Caryl Jones has been setting up accommodations for many folks so you can relax, enjoy the events and spend some time with some good people. I'll send out another email about all this in a couple of wks. If you have any questions or comments please send them to me and I will do my best to answer you.
 
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Here in Seattle, we've had a beautiful summer, except for that wk when we hit 103. That was nasty.
 
My life is settling down, I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'd like to thank you for your cards and emails. I'm really looking forward to Terri Coyne arriving in town on Tues, the 18th, for 4 wks. Shortly after she arrives, Shari Pitt and Cathie Bieri will be arriving and you know there will be a game of cards, or two. I really need some R and R.
 
Take care everyone and hope to see you in Sept      Jane