Seabuds Resources

Friday, September 25, 2009

Poland Adventrure by Suzanne

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Poland.  I have wanted to do a pilgrimage and track the historical WWII trail of the Nazis and Soviets.  And, since no one else had an interest, went by myself.  I saw both Krakow and Warsaw and was amazed at how beautiful both cities were.  The trip was made so easy by the fact that nearly everyone under 35 spoke wonderful English and everyone was very helpful.  The train ride between the 2 cities took 3 hours and I did it twice.  Auschwitz was a painful experience…yet I highly recommend it.  Krakow was the only city in this country that was left intact by the Nazis.  Warsaw was severely damaged no less than 4 times and it was left in 1944 totally leveled.  The country of Poland is quite inexpensive and well worth the effort, if you’re inclined.  Here are the pictures I took:
Suzanne Wiggins-Ackerson

Click on the Place for Pictures
Karkow:
Warsaw:
Auschwitz:

Note From Tom
I would like to thank Suzanne for sharing her always great photos & adventure. I feel that SeaBuds has got away from the sharing of joys and adventures of our retired lives. SeaBuds should be a happy place as well as a place to get the word out about events and sad departures.
Let’s All try to keep in-touch
tom