Seabuds Resources

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hello from Carolyn George

Hey Tom ~ We've always worked better under pressure!
 
Hey bloggers everywhere,
    It really is nice to read what people are up to. I'm all the way over in Michigan and I love keeping in touch with everyone.
Here's my update:
    I just attended my 40th year high school reunion and it was the best ever! We had so much fun and rewired old friendships. I was on the reunion committee and now that it's over we are all in withdrawal. We've promised to have monthly get-togethers at an old pizza haunt of ours. This has been an unexpected pleasure as I've been gone from here for so long and I've had no contact with anyone from high school. I even saw my high school love there. Boy he still looks good and is unhappily married (for the 2nd time). I think now he knows what he missed. HaHa.
    Kathryn and Hal Fernandez just made a recent visit after they cruised the New England Islands. We had such a nice time with them. Hal of course left a string of origami all over my house and car. I found one in a plant today. My cat Lola has been hunting the little paper birdies down.
    We've been taking frequent road trips into Canada to visit family and tour around. I grew up in Ontario, Canada and had forgotten how beautiful and rich the land is. We sailed on Lake Huron a couple weeks ago and attended a Blues Festival at Port Credit on the North side of Lake Ontario. We talk often of moving back to Canada. The politics seem so much simpler. But I guess we shouldn't discuss politics here, eh?
    I've been in remission for over 3 years now and plan to continue on that path. Other than occasional fibromyalgia flare ups, I'm doing great. I still partake in Gilda's Club activities and support groups and offer my assistance when possible. A former classmate from high school is in treatment now for non-Hodgkins lymphoma, (my diagnosis too). I'm so happy and lucky to help her through this rough time. One never knows where the blessings will come from.
    I'm still a music nut and Steve and I see lots of live performances. Next up is Neil Young. Obviously Detroit is music city so there are plenty of opportunities to hear great stuff.
    Haven't been flying around much these days. Too much hassle - who needs it. I did head down to FLL last month to see Michelle Fanning and that was really fun. I was based in MIA/FLL a long time ago and never really liked it there but I sure do love to visit.
    Well, I've rattled on enough. Hope I didn't bore y'all. Take care! 
 
 




See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.