Seabuds Resources

Friday, September 28, 2007

Hello from Vancouver

After much prodding from Tom, I have succumbed and am here with an update on my life.  Thank you Tom, for trying to keep our UAL family in tact, as we all appreciate your work and dedication to keeping us connected.
 
It is hard to believe that it has been 4 years since that historical date of June 30, 2007, when so many of us jumped ship from UAL.  Retirement has been an interesting road to travel, and I will admit that I still miss many of my "flying friends", as that was the benefit of all of those years.  I was grateful during the first 2 years of my retirement to be available for my parents, as they both passed away during that time, and I was glad to be with them, instead of on a layover in Tokyo.  After that, I received a call from Sue Schmidt (Shoup), asking if I was interested in a part-time job.  And so, for the past 2 years, I have been working for the Clark County Superior Court as a bailiff, which is someone who takes care of the jury from the start of the trial until the end of deliberation.  It is much like taking care of a group of passengers, with the same needs, questions, and concerns.  All in all, it has been a very educational experien ce, and one I wouldn't have had if I were still flying.
 
George and I have also traveled to England each year to visit his family, and attended a family wedding there this past August in Nottingham.  In December, we will take our first big cruise ship to Mexico for a week.  We decided that this is something we need to do in our lifetime, and we may both find that we hate being on a boat with 3,000 people.  I'll let you know.
 
Other than that, life is good, and thanks again, Tom, for making this "blog" a reality.  I hope it works, and I have now done my part.  It was easy, so I hope others will join the fun.
 
Love to all,
 
Natalie Cantrell