Seabuds Resources

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Cute Little Elephant


Thought you might enjoy seeing my cute little elephant. This is Jaime's daughter, Scarlett, and she's about 16 months old.
I'm in Ellensburg right now, sitting in the pickup with my laptop because I can't get a signal inside the metal building. We moved the 5th wheel inside for the winter and we're getting ready to start the "adventure" of driving back to TX for the winter. We'll be pulling a tractor and riding lawnmower so it could be a challenge.
My plans didn't quite work out as anticipated this year. We had been in E'burg for about 3 weeks in the spring when my dad hurt his hip and was having trouble getting around. I flew to TX and stayed about 3 wks. During that time we saw four doctors. All of them said it was a soft tissue injury and even sent him to physical therapy. My brother came down for a week, (I went back to WA) and we found out that it was broken. I flew back to TX for the surgery and dad was doing great. A week later, he fell in the shower and broke his femur! It was a terrible fall and I had to call 911. They were wonderful! To make a long story shorter, he stayed in the hospital after his second surgery for almost a month and I just got back to E'burg last week. He's staying with my sister now, but as soon as we get there, he'll move back into our house. He lives with us and it's been great having him there to take care of things when we're gone, but I'm wondering now if he'll be able to stay by himself again. Makes me wonder why getting old has to be so difficult... He's scheduled for more surgery Oct. 29, but this time it's for his prostate.
I love this site and I'm so happy to see so many people participating! Good job, Tom!