Seabuds Resources

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hello from Carolyn George

Hi Gang,
Steve and I just returned from a few days in Seattle. You may remember Susan Murphy? Well, her Dad passed away so we went out for the funeral. I met Susan's folks back in 1970 when we first started flying and we've been in close contact ever since. It's so hard saying good-bye to a dear old friend.
We stayed with Ron and Jack, and of course received the royal treatment. We were served sushi from Honolulu and fresh scones from London. Ron even packed a lunch for us for our return flight! And what did I do in return? I almost burned their place down! I decided to have a cup of tea but didn't realize the kettle was electric (duh) so put it on the high tech glass range top and left the room. Well, 5 minutes later, the kitchen was filled with smoke along with the acrid smell of burning plastic. What a mess. I was devastated of course. You have to know Ron and Jack's place to appreciate it. It is gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous, and everything is perfect. After 2 days the smell finally left the condo and Steve worked for an hour on the stove with a razor sharp knife. Miraculously it cleaned up and I didn't have to replace anything but the tea kettle! I had nightmares about the water sprinklers going off and the smoke alarms sounding and the kitchen burning and the entire building up in flames. What a lesson I learned. Think we'll be invited back?
It was mentioned in a blog that there is an airline collectibles show at the Museum of Flight on October 13. I attended one of those shows years ago and they are really fun. If anyone goes, will you please get me a business card or web address from someone there. I have airline memorabilia that I want to sell. I'd appreciate it - thanks. You can email me with the info. carolyngeorge@aol.com
In regard to this blog ~ I've heard lots of positive feedback about it, but also hear "I don't write anything because nothing is happening in my life." Hey folks! There is always something happening. We all want to hear what your kids are up to, your grandkids, your pets etc.....a blog should be like a continuing conversation. If you see something you are interested in, respond here. It's fun!
That's all for now!
.