Seabuds Resources

Monday, October 8, 2007

Howdy

Okay Tom...will give this a try....and thanks for doing this...it will be so nice to hear what everybody has been up to!!!
 
Yes, can you believe that I actually MISS flying???!!! Of course, I am remembering the "good old days" of the 70's and 80's...I hear it has changed so much. I was not in a financial position to leave..however, I just couldn't stand the way we were being treated and it was creating such anger inside of me. How life has changed. I do keep in touch with a few current flight attendants and a few retirees. I continue to eat Sunrider Herb Grade Foods (havent missed a day since 1991)...if you are interested in them, feel free to contact me. I swear by them. It is a multi-marketing business. I also continue to have a massage practice in my home. I have been a practitioner since 1991 and absolutely love it. I charge $70 for an hour and $85 for 1 1/2 hour. There is nothing like a 1 1/2 hour massage if you havent experienced it!!! I also do massage on an on call basis for a Dr. Kim in Bellevue...I have been receiving accupuncture from him. Really havent felt any changes....and am not fond of the needles...Oh well....
 
I think the thing I miss most about flying are all of my flying partners and the fun and socialization we all shared!!! I live such a quiet life now....             
 
I do keep in touch with Lynette Schurman. Spoke with her on Saturday. Please keep the cards and notes going to her!!! She is in a new facility (cheaper...insuranced didn't want to pay for the nicer place)...she now has a room by herself...  There are lots of old folks in this home too. Lynette spends her time in her room. She is still paralyzed on her left side and needs assistance doing practically everything. Her left leg is responding a bit...not her arm tho. She tries to remain positive and upbeat. Her cell phone is 360-970-7268. I know she would love to hear from everybody. 
 
Anyhoo, not much to report. I live in Redmond....right by Microsoft....and, Lordie, the traffic is just awful. Altho, I went out to Monroe on Saturday and it isnt much better there either!!! I went there to see a clairvoyent....that was quite interesting...she is also a medical intuitive....I think I am going to live to be 100! Yikes.
 
So, please feel free to call anytime. My phone is 425-883-8418   and cell is   206-769-3898.  Also, Lynette's address is listed on Seabuds for any cards you want to send to her.   Hugs to all of you.
 
Chris Stapley