Seabuds Resources

Friday, October 5, 2007

Life is Good

Hello everyone!

First I want to thank Tom for setting up this nice site for all of us to stay in touch and share stories and pictures. It’s become a “must see” site for me nearly every day.

I’ve been retired now for 18 months and am enjoying it very much. As so many have said of their own retirements, mine is very busy and I wonder how I had time to go to work before. I do miss working with all of the fun Seattle flight attendants, and I definitely miss (really) sitting around in airports and watching the people go by while waiting for our next delayed departure.

I still get up early 5 days a week, and go either to the gym or out on the road with a workout partner. We’re training for the Seattle Marathon in November. I feel good but wish I could do it without so many aches. My Mom is now in a retirement home in Redmond, Emerald Heights, and it’s easy to see her regularly and go out for lunches and shopping.

If you’re looking for the perfect flight attendant retiree volunteer position, I’ve found it! Come to the Bellevue Blood Bank on Tuesday afternoons and you’ll find me there. I’m the juice and cookie person after you’ve given blood. It’s great. It’s like being on a 10 minute flight with interesting and nice people. There are so many fascinating stories of what brings people in and every time I’m there I have lots to share with David when I get home. Please come in. The entire process of giving usually takes less than an hour. Come save a life.

Julie Morrison and I still travel and hang out together. We went to New Zealand in May for 2 weeks of sightseeing and visiting with her son and his girlfriend. In November we’re planning a London trip. Generally we go to the cooler weather places, and David and I travel to the warmer vacations.

In September David and I went to Palm Springs for some nice sunny days after our cool summer here. We just returned from 5 days in the San Juan Islands with friends on a chartered boat out of Anacortes. This winter we’re planning a sailing trip in the Virgin Islands.

Tom, thanks again for this great site.

Carol Webster